Location: SVA 136 – 7th Fl, Room 1
As the move to establish in-house design teams accelerates, it turns out there’s very little common wisdom on what makes for a successful design organization.
Drawing from their recently published book Org Design for Design Orgs, Peter Merholz and Kristin Skinner address this lacuna by shining a light on the unsung activities of actually running a design team, the organizational and operational challenges and considerations, and what works and what doesn’t.
The workshop will be structured as a facilitated conversation, light on presentation, with activities to get things going.
- How a service mindset reframes design practice
- Organizational models for design teams
- Evolution of a design organization
- A new taxonomy of design roles
- The 12 qualities of effective design organizations
- The set of skills necessary to deliver great experiences
- Levels framework for professional development
- The untapped opportunity for design
- The importance of (re-)structuring your design organization to deliver the best experience to your users
- A maturity model for assessing just how effective and sophisticated your design organization is
- A clear levels framework that supports designer professional development, and plugs into operations across your design organization
SVA 136 – Seventh Floor
136 W 21st Street, 7th Floor